Bamboo Charcoal Water Filters help to purify and reduce toxins naturally in drinking water. Reusable, then compostable and zero waste.
Place the bamboo charcoal pieces in a jug or bottle and they will slowly filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines.
- Reusable for up to two months then use them around the home.
- Plastic free and no waste to landfill.
After 2 months of use reuse the filters for mouldy kitchen and bathroom corners as a natural dehumidifier, place in the fridge to keep produce fresh, help remove smells from your fridge or bathroom, they can also be used to help remove moisture from damp areas.
How to use
A two litre jug will require approximately 6 - 8 pieces of Bamboo Charcoal.
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
Packaged in a natural cotton drawstring bag.