These ultra-concentrated plastic free and eco-friendly laundry strips from Tru Earth are such a clever idea and we are a huge fan of them here.
Each strip of Tru Earth Liquidless laundry detergent weighs just 3g, and packs the same power as 40g of premium liquid or powdered detergents!
The smart formulation effectively seeks out and dislodges dirt molecules and stains, keeping them in suspension until they are rinsed away.
Simply tear off a strip, place it in your washing machine drum and the concentrated strip of laundry detergent will clean your clothes, leave them subtly fragranced and all without the additional waste associated with commercial washing powders and liquids.
The kind formula is great for all skin types including sensitive skin, Tru Earth have developed a laundry detergent which is as good for the planet as it .
- Works in all machine types.
- Hypoallergenic and biodegradable.
- Suitable for hot and cold water washes.
- Dissolves completely in the wash.
- Scented with a subtle but pleasant Fresh Linen fragrance.
- Free of added dyes.
- Free of chlorine bleach.
- Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests.
- 1 strip = 1 load.
How to use
1. Detach a strip (you can use half a strip for a half load).
2. Place strip inside the washing machine or in the detergent dispenser (depending on the machine).
3. Add clothes and start the washer.
Packaged in a recyclable cardboard envelope.
Is it Vegan?
Yes, it is suitable for Vegans and is free from animal testing.
- Vegetable Glycerin: plant-derived softener
- Starch: plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA: biodegradable supporting matrix
- Potassium Sorbate: Food grade preservative
- Light Mineral Oil: Used in manufacturing as a processing aid. (not an active product ingredient)
- Cocamido propyl betaine: coconut oil based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Sodium Gluconate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Glycereth cocoate: plant derived and food grade, biodegradable water softener
- Caprylyl Glucoside, Octyl Glucoside: non-ionic surfactants (cleaning agents)
- Fragrance oil blend (not used in Fragrance Free): natural essential oils and synthetic ingredients
- Residual Water
Information from Tru Earth;
Over 30 billion of loads of laundry are done in North America each year, and the environmental impact is massive. A load’s worth of today’s leading detergent weighs in at over 40 grams. A single Tru Earth Eco-Strip weighs less than 3 grams, or a whopping 94% lighter! With so much less to truck around, and no plastic jug, Tru Earth Eco-Strips helps you lighten your load on the environment.
If everyone switched to Tru Earth Eco-Strips, the annual eco-savings would be enormous:
- Eliminate one billion plastic jugs (you read that right!), saving 700 million from going to landfills
- Save truck fuel and CO2 equivalent to taking 27 million cars off the road for a day, or planting nine million trees