A thick and soft 100% cotton scrubber cloth which would make a great alternative to a disposable sponge or cloth.
Non-abrasive and versatile, it could be used for dishwashing, general household cleaning cloth or cleaning vegetables.
Made from soft organic cotton in a textured double knit, it will not scratch pans or glasses and can be folded to make a sponge like shape if preferred.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and are therefore compostable and biodegradable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached.
- All products are not tested on animals
- Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and sustainable from cradle to cradle.
- Soft and flexible, the non scratch material makes this scourer an eco-friendly swap away from plastic based sponges and scourers, both of which are known to deposit micro plastics into the water system.
How to use
Can be reused many times: Machine wash and dry with any colour and temperature to refresh after use.
Plastic free packaging.
Is it Vegan?
Yes, it is suitable for Vegans.
The Toockies Story:
All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified. Fairtrade. The women who participate in this project are taught how to knit at a local community center, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free health check-up. By purchasing these products you are supporting these women by giving them a chance to have dreams that they would otherwise not have. Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”