An effective plastic free and natural SPF25 sunscreen which is made from two thirds organic and unrefined ingredients, making it great for sensitive skin, and ideal for the whole family.
Zinc provides great for protection from the sun by protecting you from both UVA and UVB ultraviolet light and is a physical UV blocker being capable of scattering solar radiation.
Long lasting, great for skin, great for the planet and 100% safe for Marine and Reef Life.
Free from toxic chemicals, fragrances, polymers and micro-plastics.
Shade uses a combination of Shea Butter, Zinc Oxide, Beeswax and Coconut Oil to provide protection against the suns harmful rays. It is easily absorbed into skin, a little goes a long way and it also benefits skin by being highly moisturising.
- Tested to EU Standards.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Safe edible ingredients - won't harm marine life.
- Plastic Free
- Not tested on animals
Free from; Parabens, Alcohol, Methylchlorolsothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Retinyl palmitrate, Oxybenzone, Phthalates, Artificial perfumes, Petrochemicals, Colourants.
About the ingredients;
- Zinc - widely acknowledged as offering the safest, broadest-spectrum sun protection possible. Shade contains a pharmaceutical grade uncoated, non-Nano Zinc Oxide, which also has a cooling, slightly astringent, antiseptic, antibacterial and protective action on the skin, making it a great aftersun too.
- Shea Butter (Soil Association Unrefined Organic) - Shea Butter an edible ingredient and it is also anti-inflammatory, prevents premature ageing and is highly moisturising.
- Coconut Oil - Helps for easy application and is a great versatile oil. Coconut Oil also has a natural, although low, SPF, and Shade use their favourite sustainable CoconoilTM unrefined virgin organic Coconut Oil which is also Soil Association certified.
- Beeswax - A pure, sustainably-sourced unrefined beeswax is used in Shade. It's completely non-toxic, locks in moisture, has excellent water-repellant properties and is naturally nourishing to the skin. In cosmetics, beeswax is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergenic and a germicidal antioxidant making it a perfect sunscreen ingredient.
How to use
Apply using your finger tips, if it is cold and the sunscreen is hard, the heat from your hands will naturally warm the formula and you can apply generously direct to your body.
Reapply regularly, especially after exposure to water or sweating.
Packaged in a recyclable aluminium tin.
Is it Vegan?
No, this product may not be suitable for vegans due to the use of Beeswax. It is not tested on animals.
Zinc Oxide, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Beeswax.
Questions and Answers - From Shade.
How does SPF actually work?
SPF 25 means that the protection is 96% - that also means that 4% of rays are still reaching the skin. The '25' means that you are approximately protected for 25 times the length of time it would normally take you to burn, under the same environmental conditions, without any protection whatsoever. SPF 50 provides 98% protection, giving you only a further 2% more.
Unlike many chemical sunscreens, Shade does not contain burn inhibitors which switch off the burning sensation. If you feel you are beginning to burn it is your body's warning to you that you have been exposed for too long and to cover up.